In a company-wide survey, Peak employees selected joining the nationwide effort to help fight hunger to ensure every American can have access to a good meal as our official corporate cause. After a thorough evaluation of charities and non-profits to get involved with, the Peak Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) team selected to align the companies
efforts with Feeding America. Feeding America is the largest domestic hunger-relief organization in the country. The Feeding America network of food banks, pantries and meal programs serve virtually every community in the United States — 40 million people, including 12 million children and 7 million seniors.
Here’s how Feeding America is helping to lead the charge to solve hunger:
- 98% of all cash and non-cash donations go directly into programs serving people in need
- Supporting the nation’s largest network of food banks
- Reaching 40 million people in need
- Serving virtually every community in the United States
- Leading the way in hunger research
- Building powerful local and national partnerships
In addition to financial contributions and fundraising, Peak employees get involved by volunteering time and providing assistance to help the less fortunate. Some of the ways Peak employees give back include:
- Sorting and packing. Keeping the shelves stocked by assembling boxes of food for distribution.
- Assisting at mobile pantries, drive-thru pantries, and no-contact distributions. Peak employees help our neighbors feed their families.
- Delivering meals. With many communities sheltering in place, Peak employees help make sure our most vulnerable neighbors have the food they need while staying safe. · Volunteering from home. Some Peak employees are involved with food banks that have moved their volunteer shifts online and are asking volunteers to help fundraise or spread awareness.
As we enter the fall of 2021 and beyond, Peak employees from around the country will be volunteering their time and efforts to fight hunger. To join our company-wide efforts, consider donating here.